Sunday 21 November 2010

Fabric Scraps Sewing

I have always been a bit of a hoarder so naturally when I started sewing I also started accumulating lots and lots of fabric scraps which I just can't bear to throw away. A few weeks ago I decided I need to sew some little things and reduce this scrap stash. The photos below are what I managed to do. Most of it is black as that seems to be the one colour I mostly have scraps in.

A cushion cover with a tutorial given to me by The Thrifty Stitcher:

A coin purse. The result at the 3rd attempt. Free drawing a simple pattern should be easy but I kept getting it wrong.
 A random little heart:

A fabric hamper taken by the latest issue of SewHip Magazine


I have to confess that I get a little bored by sewing little things. My big sewing passion is definitely clothing :)

I'll leave you with a photo of my brand new fabric cabinet. Was empty at this stage but it's now full of gorgeous fabric in my sewing area. And guess what? It still has space for more fabric. I better hide the plastic ;)


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your fabric cupboard - just looking at it you know it will be filled with rare treasures! I know you'll have great fun filling it up!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...