Sunday 15 August 2010

Vintage Dress Pattern and other bits


I bought this pattern online a few weeks ago. I think its a bit too ambitious for me to try and do this but very slowly, I'm going to give it a go. Learning on my previous mistakes I'm making a toile with cheap calico first and only after I'm happy and confident with that, I move to the next stage. Basically it might be months before anything is done, but I'll keep you updated with the works. I'm also indecisive on which one to do. I think the straight skirt would look more flattering on me but the full skirt one is gorgeous. Some thinking to do here.

The one thing I've been doing is some personalised pattern blocks. I am only in the initial stages. I'm using the templates on the book How to use, adapt and design sewing patterns by Lee Hollahan which is a very good book, I have to say. I have graded the patterns on grid paper and have transferee the bodice to tracing paper, with added seam allowance. Next step is to transfer the skirt ad sleeves. After that is done I will do the toile and check fit. I am not in a hurry for this as they are mainly used for creating own designs and I'm still miles away from it.

I am also doing a second Leopold (check my previous post). One of my friends liked it so much he hinted he wanted one. His birthday is next month so perfect timing. 

Lastly, I really need some lounge comfy pants so need to get a easy quick pattern to do some. If you can recommend any leave me a comment.

Reaching the end of my post, I realise how I wait too long to post a blog and then have lots of little bits to say, making the tittle a bit redundant. Need to post more frequently and up to date.

2 comments:

  1. Wow you are doing really well! I am sure you will be posting some amazing stuff you made :) Your enthusiasm is contagious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have this pattern in my stash. I am looking forward to your review.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...