Saturday 21 August 2010

Vintage Dress Butterick 6582 toile

I had a feeling yesterday that I would advance with this toile quite quickly and so it was. Last night I finished the bodice  and cut the skirt panels. As it involved gathering a lot of fabric I've left that for this morning. I think the fit is pretty good. I think at this stage I'm just excited to finish something and with time and experience might become more aware of little problems. The skirt was long and I don't particularly like that, so reduced length considerably. You can see the toile below, on my dressform. I've put a random belt on just to illustrate how it'll look. And as it's probably noticeable, I didn't press it.


I am now trying to decide in what fabric to do this. Originally I had this in mind but I'm still unsure. It is such a gorgeous fabric and it was a real great find. My skills are still not perfected so part of me wants to keep it for when I'm more confident in my sewing. Does that make sense?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...